Please see below the notification of online workshops on Safeguarding Children and Young People.
I am pleased to let you know that Sport NI have revised their Safeguarding Children and Young People Workshop to be able to deliver it online in light of the current situation. We have had a number of enquiries regarding the workshop and its delivery to an online format and we have been working hard over the last number of weeks, with Paul Stephenson from the NSPCC, to adapt the workshop to an online virtual format for delivery. We are now in the position to be able to offer workshops however there are a number of changes to the format as outlined below:
- The workshop will be delivered in two parts – part one is pre-learning that participants are required to undertake in advance of the online workshop. This consists of a 25-minute video that provides important elements of the face-to-face workshop that has been adapted to be undertaken prior to the online workshop. It is mandatory that participants undertake the pre-learning as they will be tested on their knowledge of it within the online workshop. They will also receive the Safeguarding Children and Young People Resource booklet which they should read through prior to the online. Part two will be an online virtual workshop via Zoom lasting approximately 100 minutes delivered by one of our experienced tutors.
- Presently we will are only taking individual participant bookings via Eventbrite. The cost per participant is £15. Participants must register via Eventbrite for the date-specific workshop they wish to take part in. I have enclosed the links below. Once registered, they will receive an email that their registration is confirmed as well as the pre-learning materials and the link to access the online workshop.
- Workshops will take place via Zoom with a tutor delivering the content live. Participants will be required to log onto Zoom via the link approx. 5-10 mins prior to the start of the workshop. Following introductions, the tutor will deliver the interactive workshop which lasts approximately 100 minutes plus breaks so just less than 2 hours. Throughout the workshop participants will be expected to fully participate (with their cameras on) in polls and breakout rooms to test knowledge and promote discussion (just as in the face-to-face workshop).
- Upon completion of the online virtual workshop, participants will receive a certificate of attendance and be asked to give their feedback via a short online survey. Certificates will be issued dependent on participants fully engaging in the workshop content.
- The number of places on each workshop is limited to 12 persons presently to allow for the participant/tutor interaction to take place and ensure a good quality experience for all taking part.
We also hope, through time, to be able to accommodate group bookings by Governing Bodies and Local Authorities. Please get in touch with us if this is something you wish to look into. Until such times as we are in a position to deliver the face to face workshop, this will be the only option available for volunteers and coaches to undertake Safeguarding Children and Young People awareness training therefore we would ask that yourselves as a Governing Body accept participants undertaking the training*. Certificates will display that it was an online virtual workshop that was undertaken and we would recommend that following the online workshop participants should undertake a face-to-face workshop rather than an online refresher in 3 years’ time when required.
Online virtual workshops will commence from Monday 29th June 2020 and I have enclosed the dates below for you to circulate to anyone who may be interested in attending or to display via your website. We are currently taking bookings for the first two workshops with the later workshops opening up should demand require. Any enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Safeguarding Children and Young People Online Virtual Workshop dates:
|Monday 29th June 2020||7.00pm – 9.00pm||https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/online-safeguarding-children-and-young-people-in-sport-tickets-109948129816|
|Tuesday 30th June 2020||7.00pm – 9.00pm||https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/online-safeguarding-children-and-young-people-in-sport-tickets-109948137840|
|Monday 6th July 2020||7.00pm – 9.00pm||Not yet released
|Wednesday 8th July 2020||7.00pm – 9.00pm||Not yet released
|Monday 20th July 2020||7.00pm – 9.00pm||Not yet released
|Wednesday 22nd July 2020||7.00pm – 9.00pm||Not yet released